Wednesday, June 07, 2006

April 30 2006

Today 13 years at ET Family Church comes to an end. I will be leaving Nanaimo on the 3:00 pm ferry today and I will be leaving behind many incredible things.
There have been many…
· years of memories that simply could never be counted.
· friends too close to our hearts to even be able to express what you’re meant to us.
· ministries that have touched heaven and, through the power of the Holy Spirit, touched lives…ours being the first.
· years of change that have brought God’s plan into focus in my family as well as our church.
· moments of deep sorrow at the passing good friends and family.
· moments of great joy as we have welcomed into this world new lives and little ones.
· songs sung.
· messages shared.
· testimonies spoken.
· tears cried.
· jokes told (many poor ones).

And now…through it all I’ve learned to trust in Jesus. I’ve learned to trust in God.

Good Bye... I love you all.

Dave

4 comments:

Boomer said...

Hey Dave,
Your family will be, and you are missed already. I do feel that God has put all these things in place though. Thank you for enabling me to work with, learn from, and become friends with you. Along those lines, I gave you a shout the other day, but didn't get through. Thought I left a message on your cell. Anyway I'd love to chat, but I need your contact info. Email it to me (mikeboomer12@hotmail.com) or drop it on the blog. TTYL

Boomer said...

Dave, I watched the game last night. I am sorry for your loss. May the Lord ease your grieving.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, I don't know if you are still blogging since the move, but I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for everything. Even though I have been out of touch with ET for some time - I have not been far away. I was introduced to you as a youth speaker at a time when I thought church in general was boring and then a friend (cristi) suggested I come to youth group to hear this youth pastor, who was "different". Thank you for being different Dave !

Thank you for putting up with my stuff, I know it wasn't always easy. You and Julie were always there in grief and sadness always pointing me towards Christ when I was lost. Thank you thank you thank you. The times in the singing christmas tree will be some of my fondest memories - great music and great friends. My only regret is that left and never came back. My hope is that you do come back, at least to visit.

Miss you guys, Deb C

RevTrevK said...

Hey Dave.
I miss you. I hope you and your family are doing amazing. Edmonton sounds like a cool place.

Ginny and I are doing great. Ginny gave birth to our second child. You can check it out on our family blog...http://thekempners.blogspot.com/

Also I got a sports one too you might be interested in looking at. Got some Oiler comments on it. http://kempnersports.blogspot.com/

Peace my friend.

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I'm just someone who desires all that God has for me. - To follow God with integrity. - To relate to people honestly. - To live a life to it's totality.