Tuesday, March 03, 2009

From a U ground to a Twist Lock.



Over the past few months I have rediscovered a truth that has changed every aspect of my life how I live and how I walk through life's challenges. This new truth isn't really new at all. I boils down to this.

People are focused on control in their lives, and focused on the responsibilities and trials that are standing in front of them. Because God asks us to relinquish our control, His request places us at odds and fighting his will. So this walk of faith thing, that we so quickly talk about is simply a battle of wills.

From the drug addict who kills and fights to get the money to feed his addiction to the theologian whose struggle to grasp the complexity of God without acknowledging Gods control over his life, both suffer from the same disease. They think they have any rights at all with God.

I am tried of the liberal whose self professed understanding attempts to undermine the simple faith of the believer. But I am just as tired of the spiritual leader who believes that they in their wisdom have anything to offer the world. So with that thought clearly spoken let me humbly suggest that David N. Wood no longer has anything to offer to you or to your spiritual life, with the exception of a life totally surrendered to the Lord.

Daily, I come to the father, confess that I am empty of anything of worth and I am in desperate need for his grace, wisdom and love. And from that worthless position I stand. So God please, allow me to no longer connect with you using a simple U ground, one that I can unplug easily with a slight tug of my will, but God rather allow me to connect with you using a twist lock. Tied together forever. May I understand your power by understanding your suffering.

Paul the apostle said, I have determined to know nothing except Christ and Him crucified. . (yeah...that's it.)

No comments:

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I'm just someone who desires all that God has for me. - To follow God with integrity. - To relate to people honestly. - To live a life to it's totality.