Friday, March 07, 2014

What is your end game?

Erma Bombeck once said, "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'."

Often in life I have heard this idea same thing. "Dave...you should slow down. Take it easy...relax."But I have decided a long time ago that I would, like Erma, live a life that would burn out rather than rust out.

So, how about you? Are you living a life that will stand after you cannot. Are you living a life that is earthly good but with eyes clearly on heaven? Does your faith live outside of the church on Sunday...or does it hide when the bright lights of Monday appear?

"Four score and ten will soon be past...only what's done for Christ will last."... is a  phrase that comes down through the years with guilt and insecurity attached to it. And yet it's not guilt that this phrase should speak to us... it is the challenge of the time that should challenge us.

You have so much value to share with others. So much thoughtful interaction that will change lives and change your life if you let it. God has placed us in a place where we can influence others to reach towards Christ, whether they have lived for Christ for years or whether they have never confessed a faith. Regardless, God has given you the treasures and hidden them in your heart and spirit, safely stored there until the moment when people will ask you for it. Then the truths well hidden inside you will spring to your mind. 

So burn... burn brightly... from both ends and place a blow torch to the centre. Lives will be changed... people transformed...hell plundered...heaven filled.

"Live a life that at your funeral they won't have ponder long to write down your eulogy." Dave Wood

No comments:

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I'm just someone who desires all that God has for me. - To follow God with integrity. - To relate to people honestly. - To live a life to it's totality.